Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Interaction with people


I really cannot tell why it is hard for me to greet a person, especially my peers. Anyways I’ve been assigned to justify myself on that weakness, so it will come out. It is a fact that you should not greet anybody when the heart is filled with anger and distrust. Have, instead, a pure hollow from which a whole hearted Hello emanates. Most of my peers show by the facial expression to show if they do not want to talk to you. A person can come from far smiling and when he meets a person, starts to frown a bit. How then can you greet such person? I for one tend to be angry and could not manage to be the first to say hello. I just want a person to say hello to me before I do, I always show a smiling face to show that hellos are welcome. I then feel if a person does not say hello to me was not willing to a have a word with me, so I also shut my mouth. I personally think people may just develop anger towards me at the same time that can happen to me sometimes. It does not work if I greet someone when I just get irritated when I look at him.

What I have said does not mean I do not greet people because I develop a feeling of anger, but sometimes there is fear. I am sometimes willing to greet a person but a feeling of fear just comes to me and I only look that person. Again when I look a person it sometimes mean I am expecting him to greet me because I have a reason for not greeting him, which is obviously the fear or anger. The fear may come because maybe the person is just unapproachable by his appearance. I know that some people seem not to be approachable while they are, deep inside their hearts. It is just relentless to judge a person by the appearance because the eyes see something unique from the person and the mind thinks he is not approachable then you my conclusion would that he is just that. The anger comes because maybe the person just irritates me with his attitude or there could be an animosity that just flourishes and it might be mutual as well. Most of the times you people have the same feeling about each other, so it is hard to tell how a person feels about you. I then draw my own conclusion, either positive or negative.

I personally like women than men. If you have been observing you can see that in all the fear and anger I have mentioned, I used masculine pronouns like him, his and he. That simply shows that I can never have a feeling of anger towards a girl and I cannot fear women. I make sure that each time I meet a woman on the streets or anywhere I greet her with a smile. Even if I need to ask anything like directions, between men and women I ask the women. I feel women are more sociable than men. However, people can never be the same. I mean some girls have attitude towards men, like me some women prefer women than men. So if I greet a women and she does not answer, I just tell myself she is not interested in talking to me. This means I take chances in women, even if I see that they are unapproachable. It is in me and I cannot help it. Even then, when I see that a woman has a bad attitude towards me I simply avoid her and not greet her anymore. So even if I greet women more often, I have limitations as well.

To me greeting means a lot, maybe it’s the way I was raised. In my country it is an obligation to greet elder people, so it gets automatic to greet everybody. Every child in my country knows that when they meet elders along the way, they greet them. So it has become more like a norm and value. What I’m trying to say is that I believe in communication, so it hurts me to greet somebody who intentionally does not respond. That has made me to see a person the eye and tell if he/she is willing to communicate with me. I just judge by looking and I decided it myself. It works so far because the people I see not to be willing fail to greet me first. In fact people who are like me, who want to be greeted first before they say a thing can never see me greeting them. I think I made the wrong choice but I feel it works for me because people do not know my personal principles. It really hurts to try to be nice to people who do not care about what you are saying, people whom you are irritating when talking to them.

I once greeted a guy who is a bit older than me. He shouted and said “what are you saying?”. It was really painful and I modestly said “I was greeting you”. He just clicked at me. I swore from there that I would never greet men. I was very angry and offended, but even though I still greet other men that have a smiling face. I like greeting older people so much; it is in me, it is my culture and my value. They always give good responses; they ask how you are from their hearts not like my peers do. They never say cool and then keep quiet, they ask hoe school is treating you, they also ask if you are feeling well and about your welfare. I take it as a blessing to communicate with elder people because they always talk reasonable things. Unlike my peers who just say “cool man how are doing”. I don’t put even a question mark because I want to state it practically that they do not expect an answer. Weather you answer or not, they don’t care they just continue to ask about youthful stuff, like partying, booze and relationships. I am willing to communicate with people who are willing to communicate with me I don’t want to bother people who are not willing because they might yell me. Its better they start greeting me so that I can see that I had a wrong judgment, maybe they are frowning by nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment